SAP indirect support under the SAP B1 Cloud License or SAP B1 Maintenance covers continuous improvement of SAP Business One software (fix packs, software upgrade packages). In addition, SAP's indirect support covers the software-related documentation provided by SAP for the customer in English, as well as the investigation and resolution of software-related error situations at the level described below.
SAP indirect support is provided only for the latest version of SAP Business One, which is freely distributed by the software vendor and tested and approved by Profiz. Older versions of the software are supported in accordance with SAP's publishing strategy.
Error situations refer to a failure, error or malfunction in SAP Business One.
SAP indirect support is not provided for error situations,
- resulting from (i) changes made to the supported software by the SAP Business One Partner, customer itself, or any third party; (ii) violation of the license terms; (iii) use of the Software in a hardware or software environment that is inconsistent with the documentation provided by SAP. SAP also does not provide indirect support for databases that have run SQL queries that modify data or data structures in the SAP Business One database manually or as an event trigger. These queries include UPDATE, DELETE, and DROP type commands;
- arising from other software that is not part of the SAP Business One software provided by SAP;
due to improper installation of SAP Business One, inadequate end-user training, incomplete or incorrect software usage planning or business configuration in relation to the business, incorrect operation, or hardware failure.
If the error situation reported by the customer is due to the above-mentioned reasons or is of a user support nature, ie the customer's advice, guidance or training in the use of the system, Profiz has the right to charge the customer for handling the matter in accordance with its service price list.
Providing SAP indirect support
When providing SAP:s indirect support, Profiz's responsibility is to
- receive a customer error notification;
- instructs the customer in the collection and documentation of the error situation data and completes the documentation as required by SAP;
- report your error situation to SAP as required by SAP and seek a possible solution from the information sources provided by SAP;
- if necessary, examine the database data provided by the customer to determine the root cause of the problem;
- if necessary, try to replicate the problem either in the customer's own production environment or in Profiz's own test environment (in both cases with the latest freely available version of the software and the upgrade package) to determine the root cause of the problem;
- if necessary, propose to the customer a configuration change to correct the error condition or other possible temporary correction as a solution if the error condition cannot be classified as a software error;
- report to SAP the measures taken to resolve the error situation and the results thereof and, if necessary, refer the error situation to SAP Support for resolution if the error situation has not been resolved by previous measures;
report to the customer on the progress of the error resolution in the event that the error resolution has been transferred to SAP Support for resolution.
When providing SAP's indirect support, SAP's responsibilty is to (in the event that the error situation has not been resolved by the above-mentioned measures taken by Profiz)
- examine in detail all the data related to the error situation and try to repeat the error situation in its own test environment;
- if necessary, request a copy of the client database for further investigation
- if necessary, guide the customer in making any temporary or permanent repairs
- if necessary, request access to the customer's production environment in order to carry out any temporary or permanent repair in the customer's environment;
- if necessary, determine the timetable and plan for the permanent correction of the error situation;
- if necessary, make changes or fixes to the software code;
if necessary, update the software documentation for an error condition.
Error handling SLA
Prioritization of error handling follows the classification below. Profiz reserves the right to determine the rating for the error situation reported by the customer and, if necessary, change this rating based on the criteria below.
- Very High
error situation is classified as “Very High” if it causes serious consequences to the customer’s business transactions and may therefore result in a significant loss of business impact. Such a situation may be due to the following circumstances:
(i) System failure;
ii) Malfunction of key software functions in the customer's production system;
iii) Delay in system deployment or version upgrade scheduled for the next three days.
error situation is classified as “High” if it significantly affects the customer’s most important business transactions and the necessary transactions cannot be performed in the system. Such a situation may be due to malfunctioning or completely inoperable functions of the software that are necessary to perform customer business transactions.
error situation is classified as “Medium” if it affects the customer’s normal business transactions. This situation may be due to malfunctioning or completely inoperable functions of the software.
error situation is classified as “Low” if its effects on the customer's ordinary business transactions are minor or non-existent. This situation may be due to malfunctioning or completely inoperable functions of the software.
Support requests and notifications of problem situations must be reported through Profiz's ticketing system and the message must be accompanied by information relevant to the description of the problem, such as screenshots, event logs, images, videos or other more detailed information requested by Profiz.
Profiz adheres to the time limits described below for handling error situations. Time attributes are calculated within Profiz's service hours. Profiz's on-call service is available on weekdays from 8 am to 4 pm, excluding any separately announced holiday periods and maintenance outages, in which case Profiz's Support Service is closed. During pre-announced service interruptions, Profiz will provide the necessary emergency services for emergencies.